Part 1: How I Built a Successful Educational Web App for Kids with React and MERN Stack (Plus YouTube Growth in 9 Days)

Web Development, MERN Stack, React JS, Educational Technology, Tailwind CSS, Search Engine Optimization, Video Creation, YouTube Success


The Vision and Creation of the Web App

Creating a web application for children is not just about coding; it's about crafting an experience that enhances learning in a fun and engaging way. My journey into building a comprehensive, educative app for kids came from a deep passion to bridge the gap between technology and education for young learners.


Starting with the Idea

The goal was clear—to build a dynamic web app that could be useful for parents, caregivers, and teachers to easily teach children across various grade levels. The web app would cater to grades 0-5, 6-9, and 9-12, and feature multiple sections on essential subjects like Maths, English, and General Studies. These subjects are structured as stories, questions, and answers, encouraging both interactive learning and retention.



Choosing the Right Technology Stack

To ensure the app was both visually appealing and highly functional, I decided to use React.js, Tailwind CSS, and the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js). Tailwind CSS helped me create a modern, responsive design that worked seamlessly on all devices, ensuring parents, teachers, and kids had the best experience possible.


Once I finished building the front-end and back-end, I deployed the web app using GitHub for version control and Netlify for easy deployment. This setup allowed me to iterate quickly, and push updates as needed without downtime.




Expanding with a New Idea: YouTube Stories

Initially, the web app was focused solely on educational content, but the idea of adding YouTube stories came from a brainstorming session with my client. They wanted to enrich the learning experience with video content. The only caveat? Copyright issues. They preferred not to post videos created by others, so I had to step up. This challenge opened up a whole new door—creating the videos myself.

In less than a day, I taught myself how to use various online video editing tools. With a few sleepless hours and relentless determination, I managed to create my own videos. These videos fit perfectly within the storytelling section of the app, giving it a personal touch while avoiding copyright issues.

Stay tuned for Part 2, where I’ll dive into how we took our YouTube channel from 0 to 11,000 views in just 9 days and the SEO strategies that led to its success!


Web - https://mskikiy.netlify.app/

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@Mskikiy


#WebDevelopment #MERNStack #ReactJS #EdTech #TailwindCSS #SEO #VideoEditing #YouTubeGrowth

Post a Comment

0 Comments